Follow by Email

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

VINTAGE PURSES

When I see lovely black vintage purses I want them.  The shapes, embellishment's and lovely dainty handles draw me in.  For me today's purse is about function, size and then style. A vintage purse, or handbag if you prefer is not. A vintage purse  cannot hold the must have items in a modern women's life.  My dilemma then is what to do with these lovelies.  Here is my idea.

A CUPBOARD DOOR
I found this cupboard  door for six dollars a the Habitat for Humanity store.  I love that place!  You  can find all kinds of items to re-use and re purpose at that store.  If you have never been to one see if your town has one and check it out.  
First I cleaned, sanded and painted my door white.  I didn't paint the back , no one will see it.
Then I attached a piece of fabric to the center of the door.  I measured out three areas where I wanted to attach knobs to hang my purses from and drilled holes for the knobs.  The ones I used are from the craft store for about $1.50 each.

Now I have a use for my vintage purses.  My stationary,pens and office supplies fit great in the small openings.  Maybe for a special occasion I will put one of these lovely bags on my arm,  but for now I can enjoy them and they have a purpose. Here is the finished project.
MY WORK SPACE
I recovered the lamp shade with burlap, framed part of a chanel  purse box for my wall and made a desk pad to use as a work space.  

ADD YOUR E-MAIL AND CLICK ON SUBMIT AT THE TOP TO FOLLOW ME.  I'M WORKING ON THE BUTTON THING??

No comments:

Post a Comment