Follow by Email

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Post Holiday decorating

It is nice to have all of the Christmas ornaments and decorations packed away after the holidays.  I get the feeling in January that I want to clean and get clutter free. Although  I think it takes me until Spring to feel like I  have anything accomplished in the organizational area.  Starting is much easier than finishing.  One of the projects I did before the holidays is back on the coffee table so I wanted to share it with you. 

I often go to the junk stores to see what I can find, just for fun.   On one of those trips I saw a glass light fixture that would be used to cover a ceiling light in a bedroom.  It has a great look and  I had been keeping my eye out for some thing I could turn into a planter for some fake orchids.  I bought it for a dollar and cleaned it  from all the dirt and dust and sprayed it with some of the looking glass paint .  The bottom of the fixture had just enough flat service to work perfect as a planter. It doesn't look perfect just interesting.  Three orchids fit nicely into the container along with lots of moss to give it a realistic look.  Here is the finished planter.  It is quite large and I think is a nice touch on the coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment