Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Make your own party lights







I made some fun lights for the patio last summer so I thought I would share the idea with you . Having seen some lights made from paper cups I wanted something with more shape and color so here is what I came up with. Seed starter pots seemed to be a great solution. I can cut them to the size and even the  shape I wanted. They also  have a small hole at the bottom perfect to put the small light through. FYI  Don't use the jiffy pots they crumble.  The picture below  is of the  pots I use. Ace hardware carries them.   By cutting  off an inch or two  from the top you will get plenty of light  . (I save the part I cut off for another project) Bright sunny flowers were what I was going for so I cut all of my pots to  look like they had petals. Craft paint works to decorate them but it takes a few coats. After I finished the flower lights I had a few more ideas for lights pictured here below.   I added a dab of hot glue at the base just to make sure it stayed put when I attached the pots to my light string. My light string was 125 bulbs so I did every other light. For safety make sure that the bulb is not touching any part of the cover.
 If you are an artist I would love to see what you can do with decorating these seed pot light covers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment