Follow by Email

Friday, November 18, 2011

Wall Paper Angel

I used a roll of paintable wall paper to do a project. I had an idea about making some tree or package ornaments using the left over wall paper. Here is the finished angel.
I used some coffee to try and give the paper an antique look. Traced my pattern onto the back side of the paper with right sides together. I wanted to stich the sides using a silver thread. This also gave the body of the angel a form rather than just flat. You could put it on top of a small tree. I used the back side of the wallpaper as the face. Attached the face to a popsicle stick I put inside the angel body. Then covered the back of the head with jute for hair so you can't see the wallpaper pattern on the head. I wanted a rustic angel so I used jute for the hair, scraps of burlap for the wings and a strip of sheet music to decorate the front. If anyone wants the patten e-mail me and I will ge it to you. Easy to do and fun for kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment